Established in 1984, Pasadena Conservatory of Music (PCM) is an independent, nonprofit, nationally-accredited community school whose mission is to educate, advocate, inspire and share through music study and performance. The Conservatory offers a comprehensive curriculum that encompasses traditional and contemporary music for children and adults. More than 1,200 students attend the school annually and over 3,000 students in schools throughout the Pasadena, CA community benefit from its extensive outreach programs.
The fundamental purpose of the Pasadena Conservatory of Music (PCM) is to provide opportunities for students of all ages and backgrounds to learn, perform, and enjoy music.
- educate, advocate, inspire, and share
- educate through a comprehensive curriculum taught by an exceptional faculty
- advocate for the value of music study
- inspire through performances of traditional and contemporary music
- share our expertise with a broad spectrum of the community
The Conservatory offers a broad range of programs that are organized into 10 departments: Young Musicians; Strings; Guitar; Piano; Vocal Arts; Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion; Jazz Studies; Theory, History & Composition; Chamber Music and Outreach.